Tuesday 29 November 2011

Meeting With Technical Draughtsman

Today's meeting marked the real start of our show after months of working out the design it is finally time for the build. We went through our respective list of to do's and deliberated who would do what. Amber's immediate job was to do a Groundplan and further technical drawing and mine to source and order certain aspects of the set and arrange the painting days.The ending of In Extremis and the opening of our show threw me slightly as the amount of time we have to get stuff ordered is very little. However, as some of the materials I needed were the same as Rhiannon's I could ask her for some of the best companies to use for material quality and cost. Budgeting is also my responsibility.

Reflection:
I panicked after this meeting with the amount that needed to be done and was my responsibility. Not necessarily doing things but being able to get around without a car makes things take a great deal longer. One thing I wish had been clarified fully during the initial stages of this term  was the definition of each person's role within the production and what it included as I felt I could have begun doing these tasks a lot earlier if I had been aware that most of the ordering was down to me. However, I think due to the previous show finishing so close to ours meant that alot of technical requirements weren't finalised until this week which also meant that certain aspects of set could not be ordered until now, eg. the curtains, curtain poles and wood. 


From this situation I did what I could and worked as fast as I could to make sure that everything would arrive on time. This was a struggle in the case of the Styrofoam, but it was done. I have learnt from this to foreplan in detail so I am ready for when items need to be ordered so I have a good idea of price, quantity and delivery time and can compare companies. I will also make sure in future to clarify my role instantly  so I can again foreplan effectively.  

No comments:

Post a Comment