Wednesday 30 November 2011

Chandeliar

Having considered the light fitting and seeing their rehearsals I have decided to remove the idea of a drop down chandeliar. As the scene is set by candlelight this will create the atmosphere in itself and will not need the added chandeliar. In addition to this I have been considering the best way to do it in a way that seems cubist and also translates as a chandeliar but will look period too. In the sketches I have played with and looking at how I could manipulate existing light features, I haven't found anything I am truly satisfied with and as in my model box the chandeliar was thought more to be a bird I think the idea is not likely to be successful. It would have been different if I could actually light the fitting but as this is not possible and for the reasons above I have decided to cut this from the design. I think ultimately it would detract rather than add from this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment