Friday 4 November 2011

Floor

For the flooring I knew I wanted to use the size and textures of the Pallets, but modify them in a more artistic manner. By this I  mean how they were painted in Cubist work such as enhancing the rippled wood grain and using greens, blues and greys to add to the colour. I also wanted to add collage into it to break up the wood and add further texture/ the layering look that is apparent in the Pros decoration.
Practice floor design for card model - to determine which formation of pallets would suggest a winding road yet still be cubist, experimenting with collage, textures and colour scheme. I like this design but a greater variety of colour and tonal range needs to be added and it is not cubist enough at this stage.



The wood texture painted in in watercolour, ink and acrylic with ink  spattered over the top.  Collage needs adding and  some shading to give them some depth and prevent them being so flat. I am happy with the angles and arrangement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment