Monday 17 October 2011

Site visit

Spent this afternoon revisiting the Ocean Room which was extremely beneficial being able to see the space with people in it rather than just using my model box. I used this opportunity to discuss the pros arch size with Doug and the use of playing space; using the pros space to act as the Devil's domain. From this visit I decided that the pros I have currently built is too big and I shall reduce the height of it so it isn't quite so dominant in the space. The width and arrangement however I am still happy with within the space and investigated the sight lines while I could by taking photographs and viewing the acting space from different points in the seating. There may need to be some playing around with the positioning of the conductor so he is able to communicate with both the orchestra as well as the actors. Putting him at a slight angle was one idea, not only due to technicality so the audience can also clearly see Mark and the work he's doing as well as the other orchestra members, especially in their uniforms.

The Director and Sarah within the space with the pros arch and  orchestra space roughly marked out from my model box measurements. Having people in the space is really helpful to establish sight lines and perspective for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment