Monday 12 December 2011

Props

As I needed the props to retain the aesthetic of the overall design I kept a keen eye on them throughout sourcing and broke down the book, violin and hip flask myself. The trimming really added to the Princess's throw in adding a sense of luxury and decadence. I also made the butterfly from the fabric from the Devil's cape to tie them in in colour and the fabric moved really well. Steph the DSM was very good at keeping me informed with prop options and purchases so I could have my say which worked really well.

Butterfly looking a little sad after 5 shows and rehearsals!


Reflection: The props are key and from watching the tech rehearsal I can see how props that are wrong stick out like a sore thumb - the violin for instance looked far better broken down and fitted with the rest of the set/costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment