Monday 12 December 2011

Budget Review

Reflection: 
Although the budget was more or less in John's hands I tried to keep a keen eye on it to be aware of what I was spending in context of the overall budget. Items such as the collage print outs cost more than expected but luckily I got a great deal on the CopyXL print outs after asking nicely, although slightly more expensive than the previous prints at £40 for two rather than £34.00 it was convenient at the time as they were on site and time was of the essence. I enjoyed having an understanding of the budget and it is lucky that we were able to re-use many of the In Extremis materials such as wood to create my set to safe a dramatic cost and keep it as close as possible to the right side of the budget. £2000 seems like a lot but when VAT is introduced it is used up fast. When I bought items I weighed up quality and price for a good understanding of value for money. I also have learnt about where to source items such as set paints (although I didn't but many Debs informed me where to buy them) and styrofoam for future reference as well as familiaising myself with how these companies work and their order system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment