Thursday 12 May 2011

Year Group Presentations

The prospect of presenting my ideas and work to the whole year... alone..... was very daunting! Especially as at this point in time my final designs are coming together and my set is yet to be produced as I don't know Kokoro's required spacce as yet! However, I accumulated what I had done into my allocated three slides - demonstarting my key ideas and presenting the story and its themes. My go arrived a slot early which unnerved me a little but I forgot what a supportive year group we have. Although with the lime light on me I panicked a little and missed quite a few crucial elements of the play out which I was very cross with myself for. However, although I have presented before it has never been to such a large group and I know I performed better than I would have done in the past. It was a great opportunity to see what the rest of the year have been busying themselves with and all the work looks superb. It has made me feel quite happy about the level of communication, budget  and realistic thoughts in my project!!

Reflection:
This task is all about why I chose this SDP project which is to encourage my presentation confidence. Altthough I was panicked I did present my ideas coherently, I can now see how comfortable I am in one on one situations on comparing this experience. However, it is all part of the learning cerb. Having seen how some members of our year can hold the stage I have realised that it is not scary - it's all about being relaxed which I shall implement when I next present. I am happy to have used this to increase my confidence and practice of being in such a situation - I can only get better.
My Slide Show Presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment