Wednesday 11 May 2011

Meeting with Will

I met with Will for a further tutorial today just to clarify my work was looking substancial for hand in  and to get another designers (and more importantly experienced designer) opinion on my designs in progress. He liked what I had done but wanted me to focus on the four designs for hand in agreed in my learning agreement instead of the Devil's transitional costumes in such detail. He gave me some great ideas about the transition process particularly when it came to virtuouso violinst whos costume we could create in pieces and attach with velcro so this can be dramatically ripped apart for the Devils transformation. He understood about my issues with the set about not knowing the neccessary orchestra spacea and how I can't really create my design in my model box until this is known. (Which will hopefully be the case after the meeting on friday.) We also discussed fabric use for the designs and in particular the Devil's outfit. He very much liked my ideas about the Devil relating to the Earth and the initial sketches I had done for this. He suggested experimenting with these designs and seeing how a 'natural' twig like feature could be added to give the Devil height and stage presence. We agreed a mask would be a great idea for the Devils transformation as it would be quick but also give impact in a sudden change in appearance. In addition to this we both agreed that the actresses face should still be seen beneath so it is clear to the audience she was the Devil all along.


Reflection: This meeting was extremely benficial helping me to direct my work into the most neccessary areas before hand in. It's great to hear from someone who has practical experience in the field to help out with technicalities but also to have positive comments which really help with my self motivation. After this meeting I feel alot more confident in my design choices and designs and the stage of my model box for hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment