Sunday 3 April 2011

Model Box

I created my modelbox by first tracing the technical drawing of the Ocean Room used by Adele for her set design. Once this was completed I used foamboard and mountboard to create a sturdy structure. The doors are temporary and will be able to function if needed for the designs I create at a later stage. The door frames have been made out of obeche strips and I added these as I felt they were quite an important design feature of the room. All other details such as projector screen, columns, seating and legs have been drawn onto the modelbox floor in pencil so I am aware of them during designing. I have extended the ceiling height from 500cm to 550cm to allow for anything I might want to hang from the lighting bar. I also remember from the Get in that the height below the lighting bar is less than the 500 suggested on the plans so, any floor to ceiling pieces I will make smaller to ensure they fit. I have made the modelbox black for now but may alter the floor texture to that of the existing pale wooden floor at a later stage as it is quite a notable feature of the room. I am very pleased with the technical ability I have shown creating this modelbox as I have completed it entirely by myself and I know it is accurate. As it stands it will be sufficient for my white card model to be created for SDP. However, on advancing my set designs at Level 6 I may heighten the standard of my model box by making the suggested changes to suit the standard of my set design that it will display.


No comments:

Post a Comment