Tuesday 5 April 2011

Costume Design Templates

I used a technique taught in defining practice to create my costume design templates. I firstly took photographs of people, who were similar to how I imagined the character, in a pose relevant to them. Creating a line drawing from these photographs using photoshop will provide quick templates for initial design ideas that are also anotomically accurate. If there any I am particularly happy with I can scan them back into photoshop and continue to work on the designs.

This relates to my Learning Agreement as I claimed that:
"Some of my design development or final designs will be created and/or altered using Photoshop to increase my skill in using this rendering technique."
I am hoping that using this process will help me to be more efficient with my time by not having to redraw templates for each idea but also keep me aquainted with the Photoshop tricks and techniques so my design work advances electronically as well as by hand.

Original photograph:


Template created:

No comments:

Post a Comment