Sunday 20 March 2011

The Get In - The Ocean Room

So today I helped with 'The Ship of Fools' get in at the Pavillion Theatre. Busy day with an erray of different tasks - touching up flats, transporting scenery, gluing, screwing on pipework and negotiating moving VERY large flats. Excellent experience and is amazing to see the space transformed from a vast empty room into a rusty ship deck. I've realised it's set painting that I particularly enjoy. Putting the set together has helped me really understand the space and realise both its possibilities and restrictions such as the columns spaced around the room. The pale floor could also be tricky - Adele disguised hers with plastic sheeting to mimic the ships deck and I might have to do something similar to transport the audience away from a dance hall to the countryside of 1917 Britain.

The space is great and appears as if it could be very maleable to my designs.So many opportunities ahead of me with the lighting and space available. Looking forward to helping with dressing this week to familiarise myself with back stage and any complications that could also be apparant for my production. In the mean time I shall begin model box creating!

Ocean Room Stage Space



Lighting grid lowered
 Stage right showing legs, doors available and their size.



No comments:

Post a Comment