Wednesday 9 March 2011

Meeting with Adele and Rebecca

Just had initial meeting with Rebecca and Adele and have found out the the Play I will be designing for is 'The Soldier's Tale' by Stravinsky. From existing discussions between Rebecca and Director I know that it will be set in it's original setting of 1917 (just prior to the end of WWI), the set is to be minimal and include the 8 person orchestra who may also be included in some of the acting. They too will be fully costumed along with the 3 cast members, whos costumes are likely to be made. I have a meeting with Director next week and  will be presenting my designs to the Orchestra also at a later date.

I am seriously excited for the challenges this project holds and ready to get stuck into research to get a real feel for location, context and uniforms of this time. Few books gathered from the library to get the ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment